Tuesday, May 17, 2011

my best friend

kristen and andrew
5.14.11

i have said it so many times, but it is the truth. i have been blessed with the absolute best friends and family anyone could ask for.

my freshman year, i showed up to my dorm room and met my room mate miss kristen savage. neither of us knew or even expected that we would become best friends. we really couldn't have been more different. but it only took us a week or two at the most to become joined at the hip.

kristen over the past three years has become a part of my family. my dad has even referred to her as one of his own daughters. i have been so lucky to have her as a sista. it's crazy to me that i have only know her for three years because there are very few people that know me as well as she does. she has influenced my life for the better.

friday, as i rode the bus to DC, i couldn't help but reminisce about all the fun times we had together. for every song that came on my ipod, there was a kristen story or memory that popped into my head. on weekends, we were also so content to just hang out as the two of us. i'll miss those nights were we laughed until we cried or cried until we laughed. i'll miss eating cake batter, rainbow chip frosting or entire cookie cakes from walmart. and i'll sure miss driving around jamming everywhere we went.

i was hit with a wave of emotion as i watched kristen and andrew walked out of the DC temple. my bestfriend is officially wed. i can't believe how fast time flown by. and it was sad for me to think that our lives are now on different paths. it made me wish i we had been able to spend more time together these few past couple of months. but i was also proud. proud of the choices kristen and andrew have been and their decision to get married in the temple. and i was so touched by the love that was so obvious between the two of them.

i remember when kristen and andrew started dating. i was hesitant at first that andrew was trying to steal my girl away. but i wouldn't have given up the fight if i didn't think andrew was the best guy for my girl. i am glad i have had the opportunity to watch their relationship grow and develop. they make an absolutely beautiful couple. they are a joy to be around. and i know andrew loves ksav so very much. i am incredibly happy for them.

congrats khar but for habit's sake i'll still call you ksav if andrew's alright with that
i love you so stinkin much


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU BESTIE!!!! thanks for being the best friend i could ever ask for. im so happy we met 3 years ago and became inseperable. even though im a married woman, we will always be best friends. i love you sister.

    ReplyDelete