Saturday, May 14, 2011

cure burned fingers with food lovin

band aids with smily faces work pretty well




















bandage artwork by cassie

but food therapy is the best for burned fingers and long hours at work.

cassie introduced me to westville, which i ate two nights in a row, cassie did three in a row, and the whole clan has been introduced as well. 




westville is an organic food joint, and upon hearing that i was doubtful of it's awesome ness. if it had a name like pies & thighs (which just happens to be a place that i've heard i must go to in brooklyn) we would all know of its obvious yumminess. that being said i went into the deal with certain reservations. 
but
their grilled cheese is still blowing my mind
it is gouda and cheddar on a portuguese muffin. the taste sensation is so beautiful. 
and the sweet potato fries are superb,  i think this was the only time i have had sweet potato fries where in my head i wasn't thinking, "my mom makes this a million times better than you fools do"
next on my list to try there is the mac and cheese, the critics rank this as some of the best stuff in nyc

cassie also took us to black hound cakes. i will be attributing any weight gain this summer to her. 




the cakes at black hound were not only adorable and miniature but also celestial status food. i got myself the triple chocolate mousse cake. the plan was to save the cakes til after dinner. but that wasn't stopping me. so with bare hands and my face i dug in. however i failed to notice that my piggish actions were about to take a disastrous turn. my half eaten cake fell onto the ground. i screamed. cassie jumped and yelled thinking i saw a rat and nick and kent tried to halt the tears that were welling up in my eyes. and they all talked me out of eating it off the sidewalk of east village. 
but i'd still pay 7.50 to endure the pain of watching half of my cake fall to the ground each and every time. 

i do think someone should pay me to eat food all day. its hard work. 



2 comments: