Saturday, April 30, 2011

brittle star

amazing photography by nick veasey
that nick shared with me
i once heard the there is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone.

i am not sure if i always agree with that philosophy. and perhaps it applies best to working out, but there have been so many times this past year where i have felt like i had been pushed to my absolute limit. somehow i found a way to power through. and looking back those experiences were huge learning opportunities for me. i have grown so much this past year and am so grateful to be to new york city!

prior to coming out, i was overwhelmed with apprehension. i have wanted this for so long, but the closer it got the more i began to doubt myself. i am blessed with wonderful friends and family who were there to tell me to put on my big girl panties and stop being such a scaredy cat, well figuratively that is. but as soon as i walked off the plane, my fears subsided. and i am so excited for a great summer in the big city.


growing up, i always thought it would have been awesome to have an older brother. and now, it feels like i have several. here in new york within our little group, its the boys + me. i think i might just come back walking and talking like a boy. today i made them all laugh with my classic butcher joke and i felt so awesome. since i know you are now dyeing to hear it, 

what happened when the butcher backed into the meat-grinder?

he got a little behind on his work

if you are a single girl in new york city this summer i know some fellas ya ought to meet. well, not wes, he is engaged, so stay away ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment